Sunday 1 August 2010

The beginning of things.....

For a long time, I have had a passing interest in wines, but never did anything about it...... In fact, old diaries have revealed my almost doing something about it on several occasions, but it never came to anything.....
So in May I attended a proper wine course at the Wine and Spirit Education Trust on Bermondsey Street in London:
http://www.wsetglobal.com/london_school_courses/wset_qualification_courses/level_1/515.asp

I haven't enjoyed anything as much in ages and it really fired up a desire to explore the vineyards of France....... So tomorrow (2 August), I fly to Marseilles to pick up a silver Barchetta (on loan from the wonderful Vicky and Paul Richards) and then the adventure will begin!

There is no planned route, but armed with a Michelin guide to the vineyard regions, I hope to visit them all before I have to give the car back on 18 September.

2 comments:

  1. Bonne Chance Zoe, hope the Wine Map of France comes in useful on your trip...I look forward to seeing you on your return and to bringing the map back covered in wine splodges, stuck together with tape and marked with all the best wineries France has to offer! Have a safe trip and see you soon, Ruthie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear your adventures!! Then you can come and explore the Western Australian cape's wineries too!
    :-D
    Bissoux!
    xx

    ReplyDelete