Wednesday 11 August 2010

Day 9 – A quiet day

As a result of having to put the Barchetta in for its MOT and having to wait for the original documents to arrive, I spent all day Tuesday Chez Burton – Mags and Alistair flew home to Scotland today for a few weeks to escape the very hot part of August and enjoy the Festival.



So I’m sitting outside, having finished a spot of food, sipping a little cheeky rosé and typing..... looking up every so often at my current favourite mountain!


I telephoned the garage and discovered the car had passed her MOT (Yay!), so have spent the day chilling (well maybe not the best word, given the sweltering heat), but not doing anything other than reading a bit, snoozing a bit and generally relaxing, which I think I probably needed after my final hectic few weeks at work!


I tend to be a bit of a worrier and the spanner in the works of the car did knock me off balance a bit, but as any of you who know me well will appreciate, it was probably for a reason, as I didn’t take a proper break – that’s what the 1st 4 days were for, but I didn’t take advantage of it.


So, blessed by the kindness and generosity of spirit of Margaret, Alistair, Nick and the very ‘gentille’ lady at the garage, this has been a minor inconvenience which has also, in its own way, been a blessing.


I live and learn..... And will hopefully deal with the next hiccough with a little more grace and trust!

No comments:

Post a Comment